Jan 25, 2016

Picking up my Kuuma stove!

The first week of December 2015 I finally received the call I was waiting for since September. Daryl of Lamppa Manufacturing called to let me know that the sauna stove I ordered was ready for pickup. This was a big milestone in the sauna build process and I was very excited for it. I really enjoy road trips and visiting new places. Since I’ve never been to the Tower, MN area, I was more than happy to take the drive. I called up a buddy, and off we went. That weekend, we had no snow on the ground in the Twin Cities, however, it was fun to see, driving north, that starting around Hinckley, MN, you could see bigger and bigger snow accumulations.

Snow up north where there's no snow in the cities.
Snow up north where there's no snow in the cities.


Four hours later, we made it to Tower, MN and Daryl’s small shop where the stoves and furnaces are built. 

Tower, MN home of Lamppa Manufacturing
Tower, MN home of Lamppa Manufacturing

It was fun to get a tour of the place and see where the stove was made and what it looked like before paint and stuff. It was also interesting to see the wood burning furnace built by Lamppa that heated the whole shop. Finally, Daryl pointed me to my stove sitting among a group of other finished stoves waiting to be shipped across the country. The stove came out better than I expected. Great welding beads, thick metal-- solid built stove. I was impressed. 

My Kuuma wood burning sauna stove front.
My Kuuma wood burning sauna stove front.

My Kuuma wood burning sauna stove side.
My Kuuma wood burning sauna stove side.
I then pulled up my SUV to the loading dock and we loaded the stove in to the back. After a quick stop for dinner, four hours later we arrived at home. It took 3 guys to unload and carry the 350lb stove from my SUV in to the garage where it would wait for the floor and the pad of the sauna to be finished. I may not be able to use the stove yet—but it’s no longer a show stopper once the hot room is ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your comments, ideas, questions, and suggestions!